BARA, the Bureau of Applied Research in Anthropology, will hold its first virtual symposium over zoom on Thursday, May 7, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please join us for presentations made by undergraduate, graduate, and post-baccalaureate interns that will showcase research done in collaboration with Tucson community organizations over the 2019-2020 academic year.
To request the symposium zoom link, please email Anthro@email.arizona.edu
Topics to be presented include:
- Fighting Heat Vulnerability with Solar in Low Income Households in the Southern Tucson Metropolitan Area (in collaboration with the Sonora Environmental Research Institute [SERI] and with support from the Agnese Nelms Haury Program in Environment and Social Justice)
- Growing a Community Partnership: Research Development with the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona (in collaboration with the CFBSA)
- Understanding Transitions to Adulthood for Young Adults with Disabilities (in collaboration with the Pima County Superintendent Collaborative)
- University Indian Ruin Digital Archaeology Project: Site History, Virtual Preservation, and Public Education (with support from the Southwest Foundation for Education and Historic Preservation)
- Relationships Between the University of Arizona and Community Organizations (with support from and in collaboration with the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Community Engagement Team)
We hope to see you there!