About David Gilman Romano (On Sabbatical Fall 2017–Spring 2018)
- “True Heroes and Dishonourable Victors at Olympia,” in Thinking the Olympics , The Classical Tradition and the Modern Games, B. Goff and M. Simpson, eds., Bristol Classical Press, London, 2011, pp. 40-56.
- With Mary E. Voyatzis, "Excavating at the Birthplace of Zeus," Expedition, vol. 52, 2010,pp. 9-21.
- “Romanization in the Corinthia: Urban and Rural Developments,” in Roman Peloponnese III, Society, Economy and Culture under the Roman Empire: Continuity and Innovation, A.D. Rizakis and Cl. E. Lepenioti, eds., National Hellenic Research Foundation, Diffusion de Boccard, Athens, 2010, pp. 155-172.
- With Mary E. Voyatzis, “Preserving Ancient Arcadian Heritage: Proposal for an Archaeological Park, in Paysage et Religion, Melanges offerts a Madeleine Jost, Carlier, P. et Lerouge-Cohen, C., ed., Paris, 2010, pp. 41-54.
- In collaboration with Lothar Haselberger, Mapping Augustan Rome, Journal of Roman Archaeology, Supplement 50, Portsmouth, R.I., 2002
- With Irene Bald Romano, Catalogue of the Classical Collections of the Glencairn Museum, Bryn Athyn, Pa. 1999.
- With Donald White, Keith DeVries, Irene Bald Romano and Yelena Stolyarik, The Ancient Greek World, The Rodney S, Young Gallery, University of Pennsylvania Museum, Philadelphia, 1995.
- Athletics and Mathematics in Archaic Corinth: The Origins of the Greek Stadion, Memoirs of the American Philosophical Society, volume 206, Philadelphia, 1993.
- Guest Editor, Expedition, 27, 2 (1985), 'Exploring 5000 Years of Athletics’.
Anthropology 160A, Patterns in Prehistory
Anthropology 304, Introduction to Archaeological Fieldwork
Anthropology 350A, Archaeology of Ancient Athletics
Anthropology 446A/546A, Mapping Ancient Cities
Anthropology 495A/595A, Archaeology of the Peloponnesos
Field Director and Co-Director (with Mary E. Voyatzis and Anna Karapanagiotou), Mt. Lykaion Excavation and Survey Project, http://lykaionexcavation.org
Director, Parrhasian Heritage Park initiative, http://parrhasianheritagepark.org
President, Parrhasian Heritage Foundation, http://parrhasianheritagefoundation.org
Director, Corinth Computer Project, http://corinthcomputerproject.org
Director, Digital Augustan Rome Project, http://digitalaugustanrome.org
Greek and Roman cities, sanctuaries and landscapes
Greek and Roman architecture
Computer applications in archaeology including digital cartography, GIS, remote sensing and spatial analysis
Greek and Roman athletics and the ancient Olympic Games
A.B. 1969, Art and Archaeology, Washington University, St. Louis
M.A. 1972, Physical Education, University of Oregon
Ph.D. 1981, Classical Archaeology, University of Pennsylvania