Location and Delivery Address
Haury Anthropology Building
Business Office, Rm. 223
1009 E. South Campus Dr.
Tucson AZ 85721-0030
When hiring ANY new individual it is recommended that you set an appointment to meet with someone in the Business Center so that they can answer any questions or concerns you may have about the hiring process. Any new hire will be processed through the Anthropology Business Center in conjunction with the SBS Dean's Office and Systems Control.
Faculty Supplemental Compensation
To ensure compliance with federal and sponsor guidelines, certain services rendered related to a grant or contract, and for specific instructional activities, must be identified as supplemental compensation and are subject to established limits. Duties or services assumed to be an employee’s obligation to the University are generally not allowable for additional compensation. Exceptions to the criteria below must be approved by the President or his designee.
Academic Appointment Criteria
- May not exceed one-third (3/9) of the academic year salary
- May only occur outside the appointment period for faculty with the exception of budgeted interdepartmental consulting on grants and contracts
- Hourly pay rate formula
- During semesters: academic salary / 1600 hours
- Summer/Winter: academic salary * 0.00072
Fiscal Appointment Criteria
- May not exceed one-twelfth (1/12) of the fiscal year salary
- Faculty may not earn supplemental compensation on grant or contract funds with the exception of budgeted interdepartmental consulting
- Employees hired under the Conditions of Administrative Service may not receive supplemental compensation in any amount from the University without the prior approval of the President or his designee
- Hourly pay rate formula: annualized salary / 2088